Pages of Life

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you."~Ralph Waldo Emerson





Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tennessee Snowstorm

The snow that the children had eagerly awaited all weekend didn't begin until after 10:30 Sunday night, January 9, 201l. By that time everyone was sound asleep, including me. I happened to awaken from my nap on the couch at 11:45 to see that we already had this amount of accumulation. I was so excited I didn't fall back to sleep until 1a.m. Snow is exciting for adults too!
Clara, 2, and Olivia, 11, were so excited to get out in the fresh, white powder that I couldn't argue even though they had to wear socks on their hands. Clara wore 2 pairs of pants for extra warmth and 3 shirts plus her little purple jacket. Her nice coat had been left in the van because car seats don't secure properly with bulky clothing underneath. We had forgotten to bring it in after shopping. She was still warm when she came in though, except her poor little hands. I wish I could keep better track of mittens. Bad mommy!
This is one of my favorite snow pictures. It was taken the morning of January 10th. The horses belong to our neighbor Ray LeDeux. He is a wonderful Korean War veteran who is very kind to us all. He provided us with fresh veggies in the summer, venison in the fall, and even gave all the children wonderful Christmas gifts. I am going to make a calendar of all of the horse pictures I have on Snapfish and give it to him before we leave for South Carolina.


This is our driveway, you can kind of see it beside the trees. The truck belongs to our neighbors. There was no point in trying to make it up the hill. There is also a bridge to cross over down in that mess.

The beautiful Tennessee countryside.


My gorgeous daughters!

It takes nerve to lay down in the cold snow and make a snow angel. Olivia has never been short on nerve :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I'm in Southaven, MS...5 minutes from Memphis, TN and we got about 4 inches of snow Sunday into Monday morning. I'm from your March BBC BTW!! My personal blog is 'Butterflygirlms Rambles On'. I try to blog as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the horse pic and especially love the idea of making him a calendar, VERY awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete