Pages of Life

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you."~Ralph Waldo Emerson





Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Night Before I See You

Sweet Baby Walsh,

     I am so nervous about my appointment tomorrow. I will finally get to see your little face, body, hands and feet. I will see your heart beat and the shape of your head. I hope everything is formed and working properly. I know there is no guarantee, but I want only the best for you.

    My heart is heavy because I fear that my delay in seeking prenatal care conveys the message that I don't care about you. I can promise you that is not the case, at all. Things happened that made the simplest things in life super complicated and time passes too quickly even when you wish it would just stop for a few months. We had so much working against us but there is one very important thing working for us: God's love.

     You see, God has had his hand in this from the very begininng and he knew what he was doing when he chose you for us. He wanted us to have you and care for you and we promise to do that no matter what stands in our way. I love you, little baby, and I know Daddy does too because he rubs my belly at some point during almost every single day and gets this goofy grin on his face.

     So, as I walk into the doctor, I will do it with a smile on my face and I won't be afraid of the stares and whispers that may come because my tummy is huge and this is our first appointment. I'm proud to be your mommy and we're gonna be just fine.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment